To understand the agony of every woman when they try to scrape out the maximum from their mascara wand; is my duty. What I mean to say is that I got you covered on this.
Having a huge stack of mascaras is not just a mere dream but has moved to reality. I have personally 8-9 different mascaras and I use them everyday. But sometimes, I usually forget to use a mascara for a long time; probably when I found a superbly volumizing one that I cannot stop using. Well, when my mascara dries, I follow these following steps:
- Step1: I take up any lens solution present in the market and put 3-4 drops of the solution in the bottle of dry mascara.
- Step 2: Put the mascara wand inside the bottle, close up the bottle and shake the bottle in the palm of your hands. (Do not shake the bottle in upward-downward position)
- Step 3: Shake for 1 minute.
- Step 4: Open the bottle and run the wand on your hand. Check to see if your solution is black. If it is clumpy, repeat the steps 1-2-3 till you get good consistency.
Below is the Video tutorial to show you the steps.
The centre point of attention in any home is the living room. It is where the family revolves, the guest sit, the children play and it is the living room that hears most of the laughter and cheer. It is a spot that makes an important area for day-to-day happenings. It is therefore, essential to address this area with some due diligence. The main point of attention in the living room is the sofa / couch. One can have any type of sofa, leather, fabric, velvety finish, love-seat, 3- seater, L-shaped, etc. the crux is that the sofa needs to be welcoming.
When I was putting together the pieces together for our living room, my first buy was the Sofa. I originally wanted a navy blue colored velvety finish sofa as it would have given an accent color and a deeper tone finish to the room. Most colors would have complimented the navy blue color. But there were some problems in inventory and therefore, we (my husband, Peeyush and I) decided to get a brown colored one. We went in for the velvety finish in the fabric of the sofa.
Now came the main task – ” How to make your Sofa look rich”. Rich here would imply warm and welcoming. I had to do the following:
Step1: Use (Aesthetically pleasing) Cushions
Cushions add color to the room as well as speak about your style. Here is what you need to keep in mind for decorating your sofa and what I kept in mind as well.
- Do not use the cushions that are of the same color or pattern as your sofa.
- Try and use a contrast color pattern when choosing cushions.
- You can opt in for ready to stack cushions or go the traditional way– buy the plain white cushions and then dress them up with cushion covers.
- Try and choose the colors similar in a color palette. For example- pink and oranges go together; whites, silvers, creams and black go together.
- Try and choose one dominant color when choosing cushions.
- Use the principle of odd numbers when deciding on the number of cushions on a sofa.
- Always remember : there are never enough cushions!
- You can also use a dominant pillow to grab the attention.
Step 2: Use a throw or a blanket
There are many stylish throws in the market. All you gotta do is to find one that matches your living room. It is key in selection of a throw, it should compliment your color scheme.
Step 3: Work on the background
If you are a more neutral toned lover, you can always work with the background.
- Hang in a huge artwork to grab attention.
- You can drape a boho-styled cloth to give a different dimension all together.
- Paint the main wall in deep-toned colors like deep reds and matte black.
And here’s a shot of how our sofa looks.
Hope this was helpful.
Whether its going to class, to a party, for dinner, or just shopping; every girl needs one- one for all the events I just listed! Yes girl, I got you a list of all the bags that each one of us must have in our closet. One can-not do with these bags. Not only in terms of functionality, but a handbag is a girl’s way of accessorizing the look.
- The throw – everything – in bag; TOTE!!
I love the totes! They have been my favorite for most occasions. They are spacious, come with a single pocket so one does not need to look into separate pockets to find things.
2. The sling bag- Cross body bag
The cross body bags are extremely useful if its a shopping trip to the grocery or going to a gals brunch on a Sunday. Pair them with your comfy slippers and you are good to go.
3. Clutch for the party
I carry clutches on a romantic dates or attending an Upper East Side event. Clutches are your statement pieces and should compliment your jewelry and heels. Try to match the colors of these statement pieces and you will have heads turn.
4. Your Work bag
If you are a working woman, you know this is an absolute necessity. The job demands so.
5. Statement Pieces
Carry this statement piece with any ordinary clothing and you go from ordinary to extra-ordinary. And the best thing is they can be taken anywhere.
This is not a sponsored post. Links are from Asos, Mango and Kate Spade websites.
Hey folks! Since we are a newly married couple, a lot of our time is currently going in setting up the house. Getting the furniture in, setting up the kitchen, etc. you know the drill!
To begin with we got our bed for us have to a space to sleep in. We got ourselves the Dakota black bed from in Queen size black color and a memory foam mattress . We needed matching nightstands but we just did not want to order directly from store. We wanted to first survey the market. So our first stop was IKEA and I had previously looked at a few nightstands online. We had measured the height of the bed and so keeping the measurements in mind, we started checking for the nightstands.
We finalized the TARVA nightstand in wooden brown. Wooden brown was our first choice because we wanted to customize the nightstand. So the next stop was Home Depot. We got:
- Disposable gloves (http://amzn.to/2o1e6Gt)
- Linzer Stain and Poly 2″ brushes (http://amzn.to/2oLo5MT)
- Klean Strip Brush Cleaner (http://amzn.to/2oJIGmI)
- Rust-oleum Lacquer Spray (http://amzn.to/2pQcD21)
- Varathane Stain + Poly in Ebony (Semi-Gloss) (https://goo.gl/Py9FFR)
- HDX Clear Plastic Sheet (10ft * 25ft) (http://amzn.to/2o1rVo2)
- Home Dust Mask (http://amzn.to/2o1hoJP)
- 3M Sanding Sponge 120 GRIT (http://amzn.to/2oLqHdO)
- Eye Mask (http://amzn.to/2oLmtmD)
- Pull-out knobs from Target (http://bit.ly/2rb5OJn )
- Rust-oleum Spray in Metallic Gold (https://thd.co/2sg8Csh )
To work on the nightstand, we did the following:
STEP 1: Sand the nightstand lightly on all sides using 3M Sanding Sponge
STEP 2: Paint the nightstand completely with Varathane Stain + Poly using brushes
STEP 3: Leave for drying overnight
STEP 4: Spray or Paint with Lacquer to maintain polish-like look
STEP 5: Spray paint knobs from Target in Metallic Gold
Once assembled, this is the finished look!
*This is not a sponsored post. Some links are affiliate links.