Hey folks! Since we are a newly married couple, a lot of our time is currently going in setting up the house. Getting the furniture in, setting up the kitchen, etc. you know the drill!
To begin with we got our bed for us have to a space to sleep in. We got ourselves the Dakota black bed from in Queen size black color and a memory foam mattress . We needed matching nightstands but we just did not want to order directly from store. We wanted to first survey the market. So our first stop was IKEA and I had previously looked at a few nightstands online. We had measured the height of the bed and so keeping the measurements in mind, we started checking for the nightstands.
We finalized the TARVA nightstand in wooden brown. Wooden brown was our first choice because we wanted to customize the nightstand. So the next stop was Home Depot. We got:
- Disposable gloves (http://amzn.to/2o1e6Gt)
- Linzer Stain and Poly 2″ brushes (http://amzn.to/2oLo5MT)
- Klean Strip Brush Cleaner (http://amzn.to/2oJIGmI)
- Rust-oleum Lacquer Spray (http://amzn.to/2pQcD21)
- Varathane Stain + Poly in Ebony (Semi-Gloss) (https://goo.gl/Py9FFR)
- HDX Clear Plastic Sheet (10ft * 25ft) (http://amzn.to/2o1rVo2)
- Home Dust Mask (http://amzn.to/2o1hoJP)
- 3M Sanding Sponge 120 GRIT (http://amzn.to/2oLqHdO)
- Eye Mask (http://amzn.to/2oLmtmD)
- Pull-out knobs from Target (http://bit.ly/2rb5OJn )
- Rust-oleum Spray in Metallic Gold (https://thd.co/2sg8Csh )
To work on the nightstand, we did the following:
STEP 1: Sand the nightstand lightly on all sides using 3M Sanding Sponge
STEP 2: Paint the nightstand completely with Varathane Stain + Poly using brushes
STEP 3: Leave for drying overnight
STEP 4: Spray or Paint with Lacquer to maintain polish-like look
STEP 5: Spray paint knobs from Target in Metallic Gold
Once assembled, this is the finished look!
*This is not a sponsored post. Some links are affiliate links.